Fitchi is a traditional Turkmen street food filled with delicious ground meat and onions. This authentic recipe is perfect for a great breakfast.
Things to know about Fitchi Recipe
Fitchi originated from another Turkmen pie called ‘Ishlekli’ baked in hot sand. It became a popular street food in the 1970s. Originally the size was much larger and Turkmen added a lot of onion to it.
But now it’s mostly baked in a 10 cm (4 inches) pan. You can use a tart pan if a round Fitchi pan is not available. It makes a perfect hot breakfast or snack. Fitchi is an easy-to-cook food with only mild seasoning.
But it has delicious and juicy meat that’s cooked with animal fat. Cooked in a clay oven or not, Fitchi is absolutely a treat for those looking for authentic recipes for traditional Central Asian foods.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Meat pies. Authentic Recipe of Fitchi.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Water Warm
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 500 grams Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter For greasing
- 250 grams Ground (Minced) Beef
- 250 grams Ground Mutton
- 50 grams Animal Fat
- 1 pc Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 8 tbsp Water
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add in water and oil.
- Mix to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Grind the fat and onion and mix with the ground meats.
- Add the seasonings and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Set the oven to 392F / 200C.
- Grease tart pans with butter.
- Now take the dough and roll it out.
- Cut ten (number depends on the serving size required by the recipe) 15 cm (6 inches) circles and lay them in the tart pans.
- Add meat filling to each pan.
- Roll the remaining dough and cover each tart pan. Pinch the edges to seal the filling.
- Prick the surface using a fork and brush some water over it.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Variations of Fitchi
One variation of Fitchi is Ishkeli, a traditional Turkmen shepherd pie baked in the hot sand.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?