It’s an authentic recipe of Çeburek Gutap, filled with ground meat and then deep-fried on medium heat for a delicious snack.
Things to know about Çeburek Gutap Recipe
Gutap is a type of stuffed bread, prepared with many types of fillings such as meat vegetables, or mushrooms. It can be shallow-fried or deep-fried. Different people cook it with different methods.
Here we have the authentic traditional method of cooking Gutap. This recipe contains meat as a filling. You can use either lamb or beef. Although new versions are also made with chicken meat.
Mild seasonings add delicious flavor to the filling. It’s a favorite snack in Turkmenistan, eaten all year round. Gutap is not served hot, so leave it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Meat Stuffed Fried Bread. Authentic Recipe of Çeburek Gutap.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Beef
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- 1 pc Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flake
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Water
- Oil As needed for deep frying
- In a bowl, combine meats and onion.
- Add seasonings and a little water and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Slowly add water and mix, knead into a soft dough.
- Divide into small equal balls.
- Cover the dough and leave them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Flatten the dough to about 14 cm (5.5inches).
- Spread one spoonful of mixture on half of the bread leaving a thin border.
- Fold the other half of the bread over the mixture. Forming a half-moon shape.
- Seal the ends by pinching or using a fork.
- Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Prick the top of each piece with a fork.
- Over medium heat, fill a pot with oil for deep frying.
- Fry gutaps in 2 to 3 batches until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Çeburek Gutap?
Serve with a tomato dip.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?