Things to know about Ysmanakl Gutap Recipe
Gutap is a type of stuffed bread, prepared with many types of fillings such as meat, vegetables, or mushrooms. It can be shallow-fried or deep-fried. Different people cook it with different methods. Here, we have the authentic traditional method of cooking Gutap. This recipe contains spinach as a filling. You can use all types of vegetables as a filling. That makes it a perfect nutritious dish for vegans. Mild seasonings also add delicious flavor to the filling. It’s a favorite snack of Turkmen, eaten all year round. Gutap is not served hot, so leave it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Spinach Stuffed Fried Bread. Authentic Recipe of Ysmanakl Gutap.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Spinach
- 8 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Water
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- Oil As needed for deep frying
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Rinse the spinach and add to boiling water.
- Cook for only 5 minutes, then strain hot water and add cold water to the pot.
- This will preserve the color of spinach.
- Drain the water again and crush spinach with a spoon or blend in a blender.
- Add oil to a pan and stir flour in it.
- When flour is slightly brown, add water to it.
- Keep stirring for 3- 5 minutes, then add salt and spinach to it.
- Mix into a thick paste and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Slowly add water and mix, knead into a soft dough.
- Divide into small equal balls.
- Cover the dough and leave them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Flatten the dough to about 14 cm (5.5inches).
- Spread one spoonful of mixture on half of the dough leaving a thin border.
- Fold the other half of the bread over the mixture. Forming a half-moon shape.
- Seal the ends by pinching or using a fork.
- Prick the top of each piece with a fork.
- Fill a pot with oil for deep frying and heat over medium heat.
- Fry gutaps in batches of 2 to 3 until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?