Things to know about Yarma Recipe
Yarma means ‘Cereal’. Traditionally Turkmen used to grind wheat by hand mills. These wheat grounds were then used to make porridges and many other dishes. As we know Turkmen were tribal people, most of their food came from their herds, hence the addition of meat in the porridge. They used both lamb and beef meat, although chicken and turkey can be added instead. This recipe is very fulfilling and nutritious. It makes a delicious breakfast. Turkmen Yarma is a simple, easy-to-prepare dish. You can cook it every day for a fulfilling morning meal.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Wheat Groat and Meat Porridge. Authentic Recipe of Yarma.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Lamb With bones
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 L Water For boiling the meat (Broth)
- 1 L Water
- 1 pc Onion Large, Diced
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Wheat Grout
- In a large pot, add the meat and water, cover with a lid and bring it to a boil until the meat is tender.
- Remove meat from the broth and let it cool.
- Separate the meat from the bones.
- Take a large pot and heat the oil in it.
- Then add onion and cook until soft.
- Add meat, stir for a minute, and add the broth and remaining water.
- Add salt and leave to boil over high heat.
- Then add grouts to the boiling soup.
- Cook it for about 10 minutes on high heat.
- Then cook for 50 minutes on medium heat, while stirring slowly. Cook until grouts are tender. If the soup thickens before that, add a little more water.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?