Things to know about Apple Crumble Recipe
Delicious British Apple Crumble Authentic Recipe from Britain. A simple yet classic British dessert is renowned because of the wonderful balance of sweet and savory. Crumbles are adapted in a variety of different recipes and ingredients however the apple crumble is the most popular, quintessential sweet dessert adopted all over the world. British apples are grown all over the UK and ready for eating in autumn and winter, hence why this dish became the perfect way to use the local crops. It is best to use cooking apples such as Bramley which have a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity for cooking. Apple crumble can be enjoyed with homemade custard or a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Delicious Traditional British Apple Crumble from Britain. Authentic Recipe of Apple Crumble.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 175 grams (6.17 oz) Golden Caster Sugar
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Butter Softened at room temperature
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Apple Peeled, cored, and diced
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Golden Caster Sugar For the filling
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease an ovenproof dish around 24cm / 9inch.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Slice the soft butter into cubes and add a few to the flour. Use your hands to rub the butter cubes into the flour, repeat this with a few cubes at a time. Keep rubbing until the mixture turns to a breadcrumb consistency with no lumps of butter remaining. Alternatively use a food processor to create the breadcrumb-like mix.
- To make the filling, place the chopped apples in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon and mix well to coat the apples but without breaking the fruit.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the ovenproof dish, then cover with the crumble mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, the crumble should be golden brown and the fruit will be bubbling. Serve immediately or store for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Serve with good quality vanilla ice cream or custard.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.