Things to know about Ayam Goreng Kunyit Recipe
Fried chicken is a staple for South-East Asians. There are plenty of versions of fried chicken that you can find in this region. If you ask which one is the most authentic, every recipe that is passed down for hundred years is authentic. It is because you cannot eliminate the assimilation process between locals (Malay race) and immigrants (mostly from India and China) that took place here.
Malaysian turmeric fried chicken is a daily food that you can find everywhere in Malaysia. It is a dish that is sold in food stalls or served in Malaysian households, regardless the ethnicity. You can enjoy it with rice, then finish your mealtime with a glass of Teh Tarik (Malaysian pulled tea) or plain water.
Nothing can go wrong when you serve this dish to your guests or your children. It is because this Malaysian turmeric fried chicken does not have strong herbs in it, like ginger or peppercorn. Besides, it is easy to eat because it is bite-size. The ingredients of this dish are easy to find, whether in a modern supermarket or traditional wet market. This Malaysian taste can bring your family together during breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Savory Malaysian Style of Turmeric Fried Chicken. Authentic Recipe of Ayam Goreng Kunyit.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 700 grams (1.54 lb) Chicken
- 7 tsp Salt
- 13 tbsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 13 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 unit Carrot
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Long Bean – Yardlong Bean – Asparagus Bean – Pea Bean – Long-Podded Cowpea – Chinese Long Bean – Snake Bean – Bodi – Bora
- 1 unit Yellow Onion
- 1 unit Red Chili
- 500 mL (16.91 floz) Vegetable Oil
- Cut chicken into small size.
- Mix chicken with turmeric and salt.
- Make sure all parts of the chicken are well coated, then add in the corn starch and mix.
- Slice red chili and yellow onion, also cut carrot and long bean into bit size, then set aside.
- Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden.
- In a pan, put all the vegetables then stir fry for 5minutes.
You can serve it with rice and chili paste.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.