Things to know about Khamang Kakdi Recipe
A perfect Maharashtrian meal is incomplete without the crunchy and refreshing Khamang Kakdi. It is a salad made with minimal ingredients but tastes delicious.
The Indian Traditional Cucumber Salad from Maharashtra – Khamang Kakdi is a yogurt-based salad and a taste-enhancing side dish of a weekday meal. It consists of fresh cucumber mixed with curd, and tempering of curry leaves and mustard seeds enhances the seasoning. You can prepare it almost every day in the summer season, and it is beneficial for digestion as well.
The word Khamang means tasty, and the meaning of Kakdi is cucumber. Hence Khamang Kakdi translates to tasteful cucumber. It is one of the significant side dishes while preparing an authentic Maharashtrian meal for a festive day. Khamang Kakdi tastes great with lentils and rice. You can have it as a side dish or can even enjoy it as a salad. And the best part is that Khamang Kakdi takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
Authentic Recipe of Khamang Kakdi. Refreshing Indian Traditional Cucumber Salad from Maharashtra.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Cucumber Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chili Chopped
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanut
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coconut – Young Coconut Grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seed
- 10 units Curry Leaf
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, chili, peanuts, and coconut in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame. Then add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once the tempering crackles, add it to the cucumber mixture and mix everything well.
- You can prepare this mixture in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. Make sure to add sugar, lemon juice, and salt before you serve.
- Your Indian Traditional Cucumber Salad from Maharashtra – Khamang Kakdi is ready. Enjoy the refreshing taste.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.