Things to know about Bajre Ki Roti Recipe
The Indian Traditional Millet Flatbread from Rajasthan – Bajre Ki Roti is a delicious, healthy, and gluten-free flatbread that is popular all over India. It is not just low fat but also vegan and goes well with curry-based dishes.
Bajre Ki Roti is soft and similar to wheat flatbread. The only difference is that Bajre Ki Roti is slightly thicker. The word ‘Bajra’ means Pearl millet, and ‘Roti’ means Indian flatbread. Its preparation involves kneading the millet flour and rolling it into a flatbread before cooking.
Since millet flour has no gluten, rolling the flatbread is a little tricky. Hence, you may have to use your hands or zip lock bag. You will have to use hot water in preparing the dough. You can also use warm water. In the North Indian region, Bajre Ki Roti and stuffed brinjal curry are widely popular combinations. People also love to eat it with lentil stew and spicy condiments.
Yummy Indian Traditional Millet Flatbread from Rajasthan. Authentic Recipe of Bajre Ki Roti.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Millet Flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- Water For kneading
- Salt To taste
- Oil For pan frying
- In a mixing bowl, take some warm water and add salt and oil to it.
- Stir and add the pearl millet flour and start mixing. Prepare a smooth dough out of it. Meanwhile, heat a pan.
- Now, take a medium-sized ball from the dough and dust it with flour. Place the ball in a zip lock bag and roll it with the pin.
- Once you reach the desired size, remove the flatbread from the zip lock bag and place it on the hot pan.
- Apply some oil and pan-fry the Bajre Ki Roti. Let it cook nicely from both sides.
- Enjoy your Indian Traditional Millet Flatbread from Rajasthan – Bajre Ki Roti. Serve it hot and fresh with lentils or curry-based dishes.
You can enjoy Barjre Ki Roti with Brinjal Curry, Lentils, and Jaggery.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.