Katsudon is served with an egg cooked in a broth with a sweet and salty taste. The pork is breaded and deep-fried to retain its juicy flavor.
Things to know about Katsudon Recipe
Japanese Traditional Rice with Breaded Pork – Katsudon is a rice dish served in a bowl, a favorite authentic cuisine.
You will love its seasoned sauce and tasty eggs. The dish originated in 1921, and various types have been made by adding and replacing some of its ingredients.
The best version is the traditional one made from Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and miso. It is a typical lunch dish in Japan.
Mouthwatering Japanese Traditional Rice with Breaded Pork. Authentic Recipe of Katsudon.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Pork See Tonkatsu Recipe
- ½ cup Dashi
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ½ tbsp Sake
- ½ tbsp Mirin or rice wine
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 pc Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion Chopped, garnish
- 1 cup Rice Steamed
- 1 pc Seaweed Roasted (you may also use Nori thinly sliced)
- Prepare all ingredients and measure them correctly ahead of time.
- Slice the pork Tonkatsu into strips and set it aside.
- Preheat a frying pan and put the Dashi, sake, mirin, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Cook it in medium fire and bring it to a boil.
- Afterward, reduce the heat to a low medium.
- Put the slice Tonkatsu on the sauce.
- Whisk an egg and pour it on the Tonkatsu.
- Cook it for an additional 1 minute.
- Put steamed rice on a serving bowl.
- Place the Tonkatsu and egg on top of the rice bowl.
- Dust it with some sliced seaweed or Nori.
- Serve it immediately while hot.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?