Things to know about Bundevara Recipe
Sweet pies came to Serbia from Austria. Originally, it can only be found in North Serbia, Vojvodina. But with time, the recipes for sweet pies became popular all over the country. Bundevara is made with pumpkins and phyllo dough. It can contain spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, or similar spices. Pumpkins aren’t very popular in Serbia. Serbians don’t celebrate Halloween or similar holidays which are associated with pumpkins. Bundevara is a fasting dish, often made for Christmas Eve or if there are still some, in the spring, for Good Friday.
Mouthwatering Serbian Traditional Pumpkin Pie. Authentic Recipe of Bundevara.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Squash – Pumpkin Graded
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Phyllo Dough
- 20 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Oil
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Water
- In a bowl, put graded pumpkin and sugar and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Take a phyllo dough sheet, brush it with oil and water then put pumpkin and sugar mixture.
- On top of the pumpkin layer, place another phyllo sheet and repeat the process.
- When you used up 4 phyllo sheets, roll them, and brush the ends with a little water so they stick together.
- When you use up all the filling, bake them in an oven preheated at 180°C/360°F for 30 minutes.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.