Things to know about Sorek Recipe
The traditional flatbread of Turkmenistan is an essential part of daily cooking in Turkmen’s homes. It is served with a variety of stews and stuffing. Authentic bread is about 4-6 cm (1.5-2.5 inches) thick after baking. One bread can serve more than 2 people. It can also be stored in the freezer, just place it in a sealed pack and then microwave it whenever you want to eat. Although it is only made with a few ingredients, it’s an aromatic and fluffy bread. Traditionally women make different patterns on top using hands or other utensils. Some also like to do a small mesh pattern before baking which helps in dividing the bread into equal parts. You can find this popular bread all over Turkmenistan all year round.
Tasteful Turkmen Traditional Flatbread. Authentic Recipe of Sorek.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 20 grams (0.71 oz) Yeast
- 600 ml (20.29 floz) Water Lukewarm
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add in water, and mix until it forms into a dough.
- Knead this dough until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for about an hour or until it doubles the size.
- Divide the dough into two, and let it rest again for about an hour.
- After it has risen. Shape each ball into flatbread.
- The bread should be about 2 cm (0.8 inch) thick.
- Cover it and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250C / 482F.
- Place the dough in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Prick small holes using a fork.
- Brush a little bit of water just before you place it in the oven for a shiny surface.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle some water when you remove it from the oven and place it under a kitchen towel for 2-5 minutes before serving.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?