Things to know about Pyaaz Kachori Recipe
The Indian Traditional Bread Stuffed with Onion or Pyaaz Kachori is a fried snack filled with onions. The spicy snack is common in the Indian subcontinent and also famous in the Indian diaspora. The mention of the dish is made in “Ardhakathanaka” written by Banarasidas. Kachori is often served as a side dish at all meals.
Famous variants of the dish emerge from Rajasthan and Jodhpur. In Delhi, Kachori is served as a Chaat which is a popular street snack made of veggies and spices. Sweet Kachoris are also made which contain sugar and coconuts. Often served with a coconut or tamarind dip, Kachori is also consumed in Bangladesh.
Savory Indian Traditional Bread Stuffed with Onion from Rajasthan. Authentic Recipe of Pyaaz Kachori.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Seed Crushed
- ½ tsp Fennel
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 1 pc Chili Finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 pcs Onion Chopped
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, semolina, and salt. Add in the clarified butter.
- Add water and knead.
- Prepare the onion filling by heating oil and adding cumin, coriander seeds, fennel, and asafoetida.
- Add chili and ginger paste, and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté.
- Pinch a lemon-sized dough and flatten it.
- Take 1 tablespoon of onion stuffing.
- Get the edges of the dough together and press it.
- Take a pan and add oil. Heat over medium flame.
- Add the Kachoris.
- Press with the spoon to puff.
- After the Kachoris are puffed, remove them from the pan and serve.
- Fry the Kachoris on medium flame.
- Add oil or clarified butter while kneading the dough.
- To store the Kachoris, use airtight containers.
Serve the Kachoris with green chutney which is a type of sauce made with cilantro and mint. You can also serve the Kachoris with some curry.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.